The kids have been back to school for 4 weeks now. They are loving it, and although they didn't start the first day at the same school, they are loving being at the same school now. Before we left for Iowa, Xarissa went to Neely Elementary. When we moved back, Neely could get Ella into kindergarten, but not Xarissa into 5th grade. Burk Elementary could get Xarissa into 5th grade, but not Ella into kindergarten. So, we went a whole year with the kids at 2 different schools. We put Xarissa on the waiting list for Neely this year, but didn't find out she got in until the first day of school. Since Burk started 40 minutes before Neely, we dropped her off then took Ella to Neely. I went to the office at Neely and they told me to go get Xarissa because they had an opening. She'd already been at Burk for an hour. Thank goodness Autumn warned me that she'd be emotional when I picked her up, because she was. Made me wonder what I was in for as all these girls hit the teenage years. She was grouchy the whole day, even though she knew more than 6 people in her class from going there before. She still had attitude that night, but after we talked, she fixed it, and it's almost as if she never went to Burk, except she still keeps in contact with a few friends from there.
With summer being over, it fortunately has also meant that Rob's retirement has come to a close. He started a new full-time position a week after the kids started back to school. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and thoughts as we went through that trial of our faith. We feel that the Lord truly blessed us and took care of us in our time of need.
Love the Build-A-Bear idea! Maybe we'll do that with Ty for his Birthday.
ReplyDeleteIt must be nice to have them at the same school. I hope that happens for us one of these days. Alex is attending his 3rd school in 3 years and Ty is starting at a different school.
Love the name Dimples. Sarah just told me you have a blog, Hooray!!! We are very excited for Rob and his new job. Let's see some pics of the yard renovations!! Wait, I should just drag my lazy bones over there for a peek. Can't wait for the littlest Merkley. Keep us posted, and Call if we can help!!
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh when I saw this post again...Is summer really over. I chuckled as I am thinking...Wow is summer really almost here again?! I hope you have blogger sending you email notices so you will have to update your blog.
ReplyDelete